Recipe created by @rebakermae
110g Salted Butter, melted
65g Light Brown Soft Sugar
65g Granulated Sugar
1 Large Egg
175g Plain Flour, sifted
1 tsp Coffee
40g Cocoa Powder, sifted
½ tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Table Salt
175g Chocolate, roughly chopped
5 tbsp Mallow & Marsh Whip
- Preheat the oven to 170c fan and set aside 2 baking trays.
- Mix together the butter with the sugars. Beat in the egg. Fold in the flour, coffee, cocoa powder and bicarbonate of soda.
- Add the vanilla and salt and mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate. Gradually add the Mallow & Marsh Whip, one spoonful at a time, gently stirring between each addition. You don’t want to completely mix the marshmallow in otherwise you won’t get the beautiful marbled effect.
- Scoop the mixture out using a tablespoon or an ice cream scoop and place balls of the dough onto your baking trays. Make sure that the balls of dough are evenly spaced to prevent spreading.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. They will still be soft when you remove them from the oven, but they will firm up on the baking trays as they cool. After 5 minutes, transfer them onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy them with a glass of milk, a cup of tea or coffee.
We love to see your baking creations! Share a snap of your bakes on Facebook & Instagram and tag @mallowandmarsh 💖