Recipe created by @beckys.bakes_
Looking for some Easter baking recipe inspiration? These un-BUNNY-lievably cute Easter Bunny cupcakes are the perfect treat!
115g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp milk
115g self-raising flour
Buttercream & Decorations
100g unsalted butter
200g icing sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
4 tbsp Mallow & Marsh Marshmallow Whip
1 pouch of Mallow & Marsh Raspberry marshmallows coated in 70% Dark Chocolate
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C / 160C Fan and line a 12 hole cupcake tray with cupcake cases.
- In a large mixing bowl add the butter and sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Slowly add the eggs, milk and vanilla extract until fully combined.
- Fold the flour into the mix, once all the ingredients have come together spoon the mix equally amongst the cupcake cases.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 18-20 min or until a toothpick comes out clean and the cupcakes are golden.
- Once baked, leave to cool on a cooling rack and start to prepare your buttercream. To make the buttercream you will need room temperature butter. Place the butter in a bowl and mix using a stand mixer or electric whisk for around 5 minutes. The butter should start to look whiter instead of yellow. Then gradually add the icing sugar, Mallow & Marsh Whip and vanilla extract until fully combined.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled, cut out a small section of the middle of the cupcake and spoon in a teaspoon of strawberry jam. Cover the hole with the section of the cupcake you just removed and press down to seal the jam into the cupcake.
- Add the buttercream to a piping bag fitted with a small star nozzle. Then gently squeeze down, making sure to grip the top of the piping bag to ensure no buttercream escapes.
- Starting from the edge of the cupcake, drop little stars of buttercream by squeezing down and moving up. Do this around the outer edge and work your way in.
- Cut your marshmallows diagonally to create 2 bunny ears and cut a tiny triangle from a separate marshmallow for the nose. Place on your cupcake and add another layer of buttercream around the marshmallows, following the step above.
- Sprinkle with hundreds & thousands and enjoy!
We love to see your baking creations! Share a snap of your bakes on Facebook & Instagram and tag @mallowandmarsh 💖