Recipe created by our very own Daniella in the Marketing team!
It’s cornflake crispies, but make it fancy… Using shredded wheat, these chocolate marshmallow nests are so moreish you’ll be lucky if you have any left come Easter weekend. A simple recipe that the whole family can get messy with!
• This recipe makes around 8 large nests
• You can substitute/ add any other toppings or treats you like!
• This recipe uses half dark chocolate and half milk chocolate, but you can switch up this ratio according to your preference.
• Nests will last for 1+ weeks
- Place the shredded wheat into a large mixing bowl and crush into fine pieces
- Add 100g of butter and 100g of golden syrup to a saucepan and melt on low heat, stirring occasionally until all the butter has melted
- Break up the milk and dark chocolate and add to the pan. Stir until all the chocolate has melted into the butter and golden syrup mixture
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the shredded wheat and mix until combined
- Spoon out the mixture into ice-cream scoop shaped balls onto a lined tray. Using a spoon or your hands, shape the mixture into nests
- Refrigerate the nests for around 30 minutes
- Spoon out a teaspoon of Whip and place into the middle of the nest
- Chop your marshmallows & other toppings to decorate
We love to see your baking creations! Share a snap of your bakes on Facebook & Instagram and tag @mallowandmarsh 💖